- Connect the FC storage to the FC expansion modules on the UCS 6120xp
- In the UCS Manager, select a interconnect and in the general tab in the right pane select “Set FC Switching Mode”. Note: This will cause the Fabric Interconnects to reboot.
- Once the UCS Manager is back online, select one of the Fabric Interconnects, then on the General tab in the right window, right click the desired FC ports of FC Expansion module and select “Configure as FC Storage Port” in the drop down
- On the default VSAN, select “Enable Default Zoning. This allows the 6100 to communicate with the storage and vice versa for sharing the WWPN of devices.
- Next, configure the boot policy for the host.
In the boot policy:
- Create a CDROm and set it as Order 1
- Create a Storage object
- Create a SAN Primary Storage object with SAN Target Primary with the WWPN of SPA and LUN ID of 0(zero); then create a SAN Target Secondary with the WWPN of SPB and LUN ID of 0
- Create a SAN Secondary Storage object with SAN Target Primary with the WWPN of the SPA and LUN ID of 0; then create a SAN Target Secondary with the WWPN of SPB and LUN ID of 0
Once these steps are completed make sure that your LUNs on the storage device are configured for the WWPN of the virtual HBAs in your Server Service Profile and then test connectivity.